Mishimoto Front-Mount Intercooler Kit | 2008-2014 Subaru WRX (MMINT-WRX-08)
You save % ()
2008-2014 WRX Front Mount Intercooler Kit by Mishimoto
Designed for applications that demand the greatest airflow and cooling capabilities, the Mishimoto WRX Front-Mount Intercooler Kit will provide your Subaru with the ability to make the most horsepower and torque possible. This Mishimoto WRX intercooler was designed with a large 28 intercooler core that provides the maximum cooling capability without excessive pressure drops that will wear out any turbocharger over time. The Mishimoto WRX intercooler features smooth cast end tanks that are CFD tested for maximum airflow with no sharp walls or bends from cut-and-weld end tanks that disrupt airflow. This WRX front-mount intercooler provides the best airflow and heat-exchange properties for those time-attack laps, or a 10-second blast down the quarter mile.
The Mishimoto Subaru WRX Front-Mount Intercooler Kit also features four mandrel-bent aluminum pipes for optimum airflow. The hot-side pipes are 2.25 in diameter to keep airflow velocities high, giving your car an instant response without excessive throttle lag that plagues many front-mount intercooler designs. The cold side of the system features 3” mandrel-bent aluminum tubing for maximum airflow, and to match the diameter of your throttle body. The kit is compatible with both stock and aftermarket bypass or blow-off valves.
The kit contains everything needed for a worry-free installation, including an application-specific crash bar that both supports the intercooler and mounts to existing points on the vehicle. No cutting or drilling is required to install the crash bar and intercooler. This WRX front-mount intercooler kit also includes vehicle-specific intercooler pipes designed exclusively for the 2008–2014 WRX turbo and intake manifold. Overflow bottle relocation brackets are included to move the bottle to the opposite side of the vehicle. All mounting brackets come with applicable hardware, zip ties, and thermal wrap. The kit also includes every coupler and clamp you need for a clean install, and the optional Mishimoto Subaru WRX/STI Performance Race Intake for added cooling power.
Mishimoto tested this intercooler on our 320 whp WRX to find significant drops in AITs (air intake temperatures), and the intercooler has also been flow tested to over 600 whp! This WRX front-mount intercooler kit is available with either a Stealth Black or Sleek Silver cooler and includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty, ensuring superior product quality and craftsmanship.
- Intercooler design optimized for maximum flow
- Smooth cast end tanks allow the best possible airflow in and out of the intercooler
- Optimal core design for maximum cooling efficiency with minimal pressure drop
- Rated to 600 whp
- Includes all necessary hardware, brackets, and accessories
- Fits left-hand and right-hand drive models
- Intercooler available in Silver, Black or Gold
- Works with stock bypass valve or aftermarket blow-off valve
- Available with optional Mishimoto Subaru WRX/STI Performance Race Intake
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
Please Note: Mishimoto recommends that this intercooler kit, with or without the optional air intake, not be used with the stock ECU programming. It is highly recommended that the customer be able to retune the vehicle’s ECU after installing the intercooler kit. Power gains will vary depending on the size of the turbo, exhaust system, fuel system, and type of ECU tune that is applied to the vehicle.
- 2008 - 2014 Subaru Impreza WRX
- Weight - 25 lbs
- Tank Wall Thickness - 3.5mm
- Max Rec. PSI - 30 psi
- Outlet - 3"
- Core Length - 28"
- Core Height - 8.25"
- Core Width - 3.5"
- Inlet - 2.75"
- Core Size - 28" x 8.25" x 3.5"
- Overall Width - 5.5"
- Overall Height - 9"
- Overall Length - 44"
- Construction - Bar-and-Plate
What's In The Box?
- 1 - Bar-and-Plate Intercooler
- 1 - Steel Crash Bar w/ Mounting Hardware
- 3 - Hot-Side Intercooler Pipes
- 3 - Cold-Side Intercooler Pipes
- 1 - BPV Flange Adapter
- 1 - Relocation Brackets for Overflow Can
- 5 - Straight Couplers
- 1 - 2" to 2.75" Transition Coupler
- 1 - BPV Recirculation Hose
- 1 - Intercooler to Throttle Body Hose
- 17 - T-Bolt Clamps
- 1 - 12" of Thermal Wrap
- 1 - 3' of 1/4 Rubber Hose
- 5 - Black Zip Ties
- 1 - Oiled Filter (Intake)
- 1 - Aluminum Intake Pipe (Intake)
- 1 - Transition Coupler (Intake)
- 2 - Worm Gear Clamps (Intake)
- 2 - Black High-Temp Zip Ties (Intake)
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty