MAP EJ25 Stage 3 Shortblock Assembly (Subaru WRX/STI)PART# MAP SUB-SB-25-S3
Stage 3 EJ25 Shortblock
Modern Automotive Performance won't settle for anything less than the best when it comes to our engine building program and our reputation. Only the best quality components along with specialized machining and assembly techniques for each individual platform are used to ensure the best possible performance and longevity. When it comes to Subaru engines, MAP makes no exceptions.
MAP Shortblock Measurement and Quality Inspection:
- OEM Subaru block inspected for case mold imperfections
- Block is professionally sleeved
- All bores are measured (Block halves are torqued together)
- Deck is measured for straightness
- Inspect and correct main journal alignment (Block halves are torqued together)
- Rods inspected for correct crank shaft clearance and wrist pin bore clearance
- Pistons and rings are inspected, measured and verified to be within specification
MAP Shortblock Assembly Procedure:
- Honing of cylinder wall to correct piston to wall clearance
- Piston specific plateau honing for optimum piston ring seal
- Install rods to crankshaft and verify oil clearance after proper torque procedure
- Main bearings are installed, block halves assembled and torqued and then oil clearance is verified
- Ring gap is set specific to engine use to within .001 of the required gap
- Deck height inspected and verified to specification
No core? No Worries! Simply select a new OEM EJ25 block below for us to use as a starting point. New OEM blocks require much less cleaning and preparation compared to used blocks, so even though a new block purchased separately would be $1200+ the difference in price here is just $750!
Why Choose a MAP-built Engine?
We won't settle for anything less than the best when it comes to our engine builds. We utilize quality components along with specialized machining and assembly techniques for each individual platform to ensure the best possible performance. If we see a gap in regards to acceptable product offerings on the market we often times develop our own like the Ultimate Duty Connecting Rods.
We thoroughly inspect, blueprint, clean and assemble our engines in a clean room and most of the machine work is performed in house to satisfy our stringent requirements. We have had great success in building countless motors for every imaginable application from the weekend warrior to the all out race car.
Please Note: that this item does not qualify for free shipping. Shipping methods and charges will be determined when the service is completed and can range from $100-$200.
This product is built to order. Based on fluctuations in demand build times may vary throughout the year. Please contact an MAP sales representative for current estimations.
- EJ25 Vehicles
What's in the box?
- OEM sleeved block
- Forged Performance Pistons
- ARP Main Studs (including line hone)
- Forged Performance Connecting Rods
- ACL Race series bearings (King XP Series Bearings are also used when applicable)
- Manley billet crankshaft with your choice of stoke