MAPerformance FA20 Built Shortblock Engine | 2012-2012 Subaru BRZ / Scion FRS (MAP FT86-SB-FA20)PART# MAP FT86-SB-FA20
Want more power out of your Subaru BRZ / Scion FRS FA20 engine? Great! We have a team of professionals ready to assist you in all phases of your FA20 build. With our vast in house capabilities & experience buying your built FA20 short block will be hassle free. We offer packages ranging from an assembled "race ready" short block to a complete FA20 motor that is ready to be dropped into your Subaru BRZ / Scion FR-S & FT-86.
MAPerformance will not settle for anything less than the best when it comes to our FA20 engine building program. Only the best quality engine internals along with specialized machining and assembly techniques are used to ensure the best possible performance and longevity for our BRZ/FR-S/FT-86 customers.
- FA20 Crankshafts are never cut or turned, and they receive a micro-polish treatment and balancing specifically for high performance race applications.
- The First step in the machining process is resurfacing. We pride ourselves on the surface finish (RA) we achieve as it is of the utmost importance in regards to head gasket sealing.
- Next, we bore the sleeves square to the deck surface. Our MAP FA20 specific torque plate is used to ensure roundness.
- The overbore is followed with a four step plateau honing process that provides the absolute best cylinder wall finish and ultimate ring seating.
- No core? No Worries! Simply select a new OEM FA20 short block option above for us to use as a starting point. New OEM FA20 engine cores require less cleaning, preparation and machine work compared to used FA20 shortblocks, so even though a new shortblock purchased separately would be $2000+ the difference in price here is just $1800!
- Crankshaft: We use standard size OEM crankshafts most frequently as we have not had a crankshaft failure to date. However, we realize that there are weight advantages and stroke options available with some aftermarket crankshafts so we will happily build your shortblock accordingly!
- Pistons:If you would like to go with a different brand of pistons or are interested in a custom compression ration please give us a call.
- This product is built to order. Based on fluctuations in demand build times may vary throughout the year. Please contact an MAP sales representative for current estimations.
- This item does not qualify for free shipping. Shipping methods and charges will be determined when the service is completed and can range from $100-$200.
- Ready to start your new engine? Check out our Engine Break In Procedure for the proper way to break-in a fresh engine!
- 2012-2015 Subaru BRZ
- 2012-2015 Scion FR-S
- 2012-2015 Toyota FT-86
What's in the box?
- King XP Main and Rod Bearings Installed With MAPerformance Specs
- Carrillo or Manley Connecting Rods
- Manley Pistons
Why Choose a MAP-built FA20 Engine?
We won't settle for anything less than the best when it comes to our race engine builds. We utilize high quality components along with specialized machining and assembly processes for each individual platform to ensure the best possible performance. If we see a gap in regards to acceptable product offerings on the market we often times develop our own like the Ultimate Duty Connecting Rods.
We thoroughly inspect, blueprint, clean and assemble our engines in a clean room and most of the machine work is performed in house to satisfy our stringent requirements. We have had great success in building countless motors for every imaginable application from the weekend warrior to the all out race car.
Ready to start your new engine? Check out our Engine Break In Procedure for the proper way to break-in a fresh engine!