Supertech Black Nitride Exhaust Valves | Multiple Evo/DSM Fitments (MEVN-100x)
Supertech Performance uses their experience of more than 20 years in the manufacturing of racing valves, do intensive testing and work very closely with many engine builders in order to continuously improve and provide the market with the best possible product for every application. High flow rates, durability and quality are of great concern to Supertech Performance.
Black Nitride Coating is a hardening treatment that even though it is not widely used as the chrome coating, it has several benefits and is becoming very popular, mainly for European and Japanese applications. The microhardness is higher than the stainless steel base material, keeping good ductility beneath the hard nitrided layer (microhardness is 800HV minimum). Surface Finish is smoother than with chromed stems, having less friction between stem and guide. Value seat surface is harder with the nitrided layer, lasting longer with lead free fuels, alcohols, nitro or other "explosive" mixes. Matches any kind of seats (nodular iron seats, steel powder metal seats, hard aluminum-copper seats or beryllium copper seats).
Higher RPM engines take full advantage of all previous features. The higher the engine speed the bigger the power loss due to internal engine friction! The black nitride layer reduces this power loss due to less valve-guide friction.
The nitrided layer is adhered to the base material at a microscopic level, so does not "flake" or brake when the valves bend due to impacts with the pistons. The Black Nitride applies to the whole valve while the chrome coating is only applied to the stem. All valves are swirl polished, have stem undercut and a hardened tip.
- Black Nitride Coating.
- All valves are swirl polished, have stem undercut and a hardened tip.
- Matches any kind of seats (nodular iron seats, steel powder metal seats, hard aluminum-copper seats or beryllium copper seats).
- Surface Finish is smoother than with chromed stems, having less friction between stem and guide.
- Lasts longer with lead free fuels, alcohols, nitro or other "explosive" mixes.
- Black nitride layer reduces this power loss due to less valve-guide friction.
- 2003-2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8 / 9
- 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse
- 1990-1998 Eagle Talon
- 1990-1992 Plymouth Laser
What's in the box?
- 1 - Black Nitride Exhaust Valve (Single or Set of 8)
In case anyone is wondering what power level these valves can handle before considering inconel, I ran this exact valve at 900hp for 2 years in my 4g63 and they were fine when i pulled them to go to inconel, only reason I made the switch was for peace of mind to make more power
one of the great quality name brand and product for evo’s. arrived quickly than i expected! Thanks maperformance!!