Red Line 40WT Race Oil (1 Quart) | (10404)
You Save 5% ($0.75)
Red Line’s Racing Oils have a global reputation as the ultimate racing lubricant--many teams who have found that the improved performance and equipment durability is the key to winning. Their oils are made with the most thermally stable synthetic base stocks available and provide the best high-temperature lubrication and a higher film strength than any petroleum or synthetic on the market today. Although Red Line racing oils are categorized as “straight grades”, their low-temperature properties make them exceptional multigrades, allowing 2-4% more power than an oil of similar viscosity, while providing much more protection. Each reduction in viscosity grade allows 1-2% more power. To reduce the chance of detonation, their race oils contain very few detergents and are not recommended for street use.
- Reformulated with special detergents for improved frictional properties and lubricity and less detonation
- Polyol ester base stocks provide more stability and film strength when exposed to excess fuel dilution
- Each of these products has no less than 2200ppm of zinc and phosphorus for antiwear
- Each race oil product is a multi-grade, offering 2-4% more power than oil of a similar viscosity - 20WT is a 5W20, 30WT is a 10W30, 40WT is a 15W40, 50WT is a 15W50
- Improved protection at startup, lower oil temp, cleanliness
- *Note - Remember to change these oils more frequently than regular motor oils
- Phosphorus, avg PPM: 2200
- Zinc, avg PPM: 2250
- SAE Viscosity Grade: 15W40
- Vis @ 100°C, cSt: 14.5
- Vis @ 40°C, cSt: 93
- Viscosity Index: 162
- CCS Viscosity, Poise, @ °C: 33@-15°C
- Pour Point, °C: -45
- Pour Point, °F: -49
- NOACK Evaporation Loss,1hr @ 482°F (250°C), %: 6
- This product can only be shipped within the Continental US and will only be shipped via GROUND service.
- This item is not vehicle specific. It is compatible with a wide range of applications and is therefore displayed on our site regardless of your vehicle selection. Please review the specifications and verify compatibility prior to placing your order.