RacingBrake Front Slotted Two-Piece Rotor (Mitsubishi Evo X)
- Rotor Material: Racing Formula Alloyed Gray Iron & Heat treated
- Surface: EDP Coating w/cross cut grinding on friction surface
NOTE: Retaining and jack screw holes might have been eliminated to prevent the screws from stripping and breaking, causing tremendous effort to remove and replace the rotors. Our two-piece rotor hats are made of aluminum which is easier for installation and removal.
Alloyed iron formula adds strength and heat resistance. Heat treating further improves rotor performance for a more uniform and stabilized microstructure.
The cooling vanes are of a convergent nozzle design, which increases airflow and turbulence and makes discs cooler.
The center-mount flanges for hat mounting to the rotor ring have several benefits.
- It allows the ring to be used on either side of the vehicle simply by mounting the hat on either side of the ring (unidirectional)
- The stress load transferred from the ring to the hat is balanced
- Air inlets are widely open to both inboard and outboard sides of the rotor. More air suctions and even temperature on both sides of the disc surface
- Heat transfer from the disc surfaces to the hat is even and minimized by increasing the flange length and the airflow around the flanges
- Mounting flanges are on both friction surfaces ultimately provides excellent heat balance
Exclusive full floating design with 10.9 grade alloyed hardware. Hardware is DACRO coated and crimp locking.
DACRO is highly corrosion resistant and provides a film for easier movement between the hat and rotor ring as disc expands and contracts and the crimp design provides positive engagement without rattling or torque loss at temperature
2 piece, self-locking fasteners - no glue, no springs, no clips!
Item is sold as a pair.