Ohlins Road and Track Coilovers | 2005-2013 BMW 3 Series E90/E92 (BMS MI00)
Öhlins Road and Track Coilovers for the 2005-2013 BMW 3 Series use state of the art solutions, advanced suspension technology and a clever light-weight design with a majority of the parts in aluminum to bring you a suspension with superior road handling without sacrificing comfort during day to day commutes.
- Height Adjustable (15mm lower than standard front and rear)
- Length Adjustable
- Spring Preload Adjustable
- Front Spring Rate (60N/mm) / Rear Spring Rate (70N/mm)
- DFV (Dual Flow Valve) Technology
- Light-weight Design
- Use with Original Front and Rear Top Mounts
- Superior road handling without sacrificing comfort
- Adjustable to handle a weekend at the track or your everyday commute
- Corrosion salt spray tested (ISO 9227)
- 2005-2013 BMW 3 Series
What's in the box?
- Front Shock Absorber - 2pcs
- Front Upper Spring Seat - 2pcs
- Front Dust Boot - 2pcs
- Front Spring - 2pcs
- Front Washer - 2pcs
- Front Nut (M14) - 2pcs
- Front Sleeve (Mounted on Shock Absorber) - 1pcs
- Rear Shock Absorber - 2pcs
- Rear Lock Nut (M10) - 2pcs
- Rear Dust Boot - 2pcs
- Rear Control Wire - 2pcs
- Rear Adjustment Knob - 2pcs
- Rear Screw (M4) - 2pcs
- Rear Allen Key - 1pc
- Rear Spring - 2pcs
- Rear Spring Height Adjuster - 2pcs
- Rear Lock Ring - 2pcs
- Rear Seat Spring - 2pcs
- Rear Rubber Seat (t=2mm) - 2pcs
- Rear Rubber Seat (t=5mm) - 2pcs
- Rear Plastic Seat - 2pcs
- Rear Adjuster (Mounted on Shock Absorber) - 2pcs
Used for both Front and Rear
- C-Spanner - 2pc
- Ohlins Sticker - 1 pcs
- Ohlins Owner's Manual
2 year Manufacturers Limited Warranty
All 3 were generally in the same price range Between $1800-$2300. Unfortunately, I could only make my decision based on Internet reviews, and no first hand experience.
Pros:Lifetime Warranty, Seem like quality, and has the ability for change dampening in cockpit. The ride is mostly described as on the softer side for track use, but has a decent sport street feel on the hardest dampening setting, and more compliant than stock on the softest.
Cons:Read in one review that coils seem kind of low in the highest ride setting, and others have said they kind of wished the went with KW V3's because they were more aggressively sprung and dampened.
Pros:Lifetime Warranty, Seem like quality, though mixed reviews from some about quality control. Ppl rave about how decent there sprung, dampened and setup. Decently high level of track performance. It could be more track oriented but for the price it is arguably one of the better coilover options. The softer dampening settings are described as about stock or slightly stiffer.
Cons:I read how ppl had horror stories when owners tried to contact KW and KW is not very willing to honor there Lifetime Warranty. It is worded in such a way that KW can claim abuse or incorrect installation. Some had to contact KW in Germany to get favorable results. This made me choose Ohlins.
Ohlins Road and Track:
Pros:2 Year Warranty, Ohlins has a legendary reputation with motorcycles, and Miatas (I own one). I called Ohlins USA and they're super receptive to there customers, under 2 week turnaround time, $300-600 rebuilds depending on condition, with optional custom valving. Priced super competitively, The ride is and more compliant than stock on the softest dampening setting.From what I have read the hardest dampening setting is probably slightly softer than the KW V3's hardest setting.
Cons:Some owners have decided to increase the rear spring rate to improve performance.(2weeks in,I think they're ok,and not bad...