Kartboy Rear Shifter Stay Bushing | Multiple Subaru Fitments (KB-003-REAR)
Rear Shifter Stay Bushing by Kartboy
Kartboy has been holding onto the design for this goodie for some time, but he's finally brought them to market. What you are looking at is a replacement bushing for the rear stay of your shifter assembly. This piece will fit all Subaru 5 speed and 6 speed manual transmissions. Here's what it does. If you look at the stock rear bushing you'll notice that it's a soft, squishy, "icky" bit of rubber in a steel cage used for mounting to the back of the transmission tunnel. Over time that rubber will break down, and allows the back of the shifter stay to move more than it should. Heck, even new ones are just unacceptably soft. The Kartboy piece is made from a much stiffer urethane, meaning it won't break down over time, and won't flex nearly as much as the stock part. What this means is a more positive snap into gear, and no more of that vague feeling in the stick when it's reached the end of the throw travel. Here is a quick tip for the install: Look at the bushing - there is a top and a bottom. The thicker portion of the material goes to the bottom. Here's another tip - start the passenger side bolt. Then put the driver's side bolt in and then tighten both.
- It's a soft, squishy, "icky" bit of rubber in a steel cage used for mounting to the back of the transmission tunnel
- Over time that rubber will break down, and allows the back of the shifter stay to move more than it should
- Piece is made from a much stiffer urethane
- 2002-2014 Subaru Impreza WRX
- 2004-2014 Subaru Impreza STi
- 1998-2005 Subaru Impreza RS
- 2002-2004 Subaru Impreza TS
- 1995-2011 Subaru Impreza Outback / Sport
- 2006-2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
- 2015-2017 Subaru STi
- 1996-2006 Subaru Legacy GT / spec.B
- 1998-2002 Subaru Forester Base
- 2003-2005 Subaru Forester XS / XT
- 2013-2017 Subaru BRZ
- 2013-2016 Scion FR-S
What's In The Box?
- Rear Shifter Stay Bushing
Love this thing! Takes some of the slop out of shifting. Just replacing my worn out previous one that's been on for the past 10 years.