Grimmspeed 3-Port Boost Control Solenoid | 2015+ WRX (057041)
2015+ Subaru WRX 3-Port Boost Control Solenoid By Grimmspeed (057041)
The advantages of a 3-port boost control system vs. the factory 2-port system are readily apparent during the tuning process. The 3-port systems works by interrupting the boost signal traveling from the turbo to the wastegate. That boost is redirected back into the turbo inlet and re-ingested by the turbo using GrimmSpeed's machined adapter. This is important, as the factory Mass Airflow Sensor has already measured that air and is expecting that your motor will use it during combustion, rather than venting it to the atmosphere. The factory configuration simply 'bleeds' the signal from between the turbo and wastegate, which creates a system that is a bit less complex, but reacts more slowly and with less precision. The addition of the GrimmSpeed BCS shows much tighter boost control and consistency. This is safer for your car and easier for your tuner.
- Custom Machined Adapter Makes use of the factory inlet recirculation port, instead of blocking it off
- Black Anodized Finish & Protects the assembly from corrosion in an extremely demanding environment
- 3-Port Solenoid - Proprietary internal modifications prepare the solenoid for extreme conditions below the vehicle
- Plug-n-Play Wiring Connector - Plugs directly into the factory wiring harness with no modification required
- Compact Design - No need to mount the solenoid elsewhere in the engine bay, increasing complexity and hose length
- 1/4in Barbed Fittings - Matches the factory turbo and waste gate hose size
- Because this upgraded solenoid affects the way that your vehicle controls boost (that's the point!), it is always recommended that you consult with a tuner immediately following installation. It is not recommended that you drive the car in a way that builds boost without doing so.
- 2015-2019 Subaru WRX
What's in the Box?
- GrimmSpeed 3-Port Boost Control Solenoid w/ Plug-n-Play Connector
- Machined and anodized turbo inlet adapter w/ VITON O-Ring
- Laser Cut and CNC bent steel bracket, black zinc plated w/ stainless press-in nuts
- Zinc plated barbed fittings, preassembled w/ anerobic sealant
- 2ft of 1/4in Vacuum Hose w/ zipties
- All necessary hardware
MY tuner was happy to have this when we did the install of a downpipe. 5/5 would recommend to really dial your car in.
Really good product easy to install definitely helps with tuning
A must have with tuning, definitely needed to make sure the boost gets stabilized properly.
Easy to install. just needed alot of patient. It definitely a noticeable different between the stock and GS.
I just ran my base map from my e-tuner, and it pulled hard at only 12.5 psi at wide-open-throttle. That is a very comfortable first-run, to me. This is absolutely a must if you are going beyond stage 1+. I can't wait to see how much hp and torque this car has left in it with the next maps.