AWE Touring Edition Cat-Back Exhaust | 2016-2018 Ford Focus RS
( We'll refund the difference! )
Give us a call to get the best prices and parts for your build. Or, just call us with a cool racing story...either way we're here.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Touring Edition Cat-Back Exhaust by AWE Tuning
The Mk3 Focus RS Touring Edition Exhaust sits at the intersection of sophisticated and aggressive. A direct bolt-on, straight-through, drone-free masterpiece. The Touring Edition Exhaust boasts AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, producing a drone-free, aggressive tone throughout the entire range. Civil while cruising on the highway, aggressive when you need it. Loud, sharp pops and crackles accessible at any time.
As exhaust gases exit the RS’ 2.3T engine and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE Tuning 180 Technology® in the tab above.
- Proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured in-house, in the U.S.A
- Max gains of 22 hp and 19 ft-lbs of torque to the crank (SwitchPath™, Touring & Track Editions)
- Touring Edition features AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®
- Touring Edition available as resonated and non-resonated
- Handcrafted out of 3” U.S.-sourced .068” wall T304L stainless steel
- 4” double-walled tips available in chrome silver or diamond black
- Less is more: clean, non-baffled, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Direct bolt-on system for factory-like simplicity
- No Check Engine Light - Guaranteed
- Perfect Fitment - Guaranteed
Please Note: The Touring Edition is available as resonated or non-resonated. While we recommend resonated to achieve the perfect drone-free configuration, the option for non-resonated is available for those who crave extra volume in the mid range.
- 2016 - 2018 Ford Focus RS
What's In The Box?
- 1 - AWE Touring Edition Cat-Back
- 2 - Exhaust Tips
AWE Lifetime Warranty
the opening at the end near the mufflers was not round, a flattened area at the top i had to ream out using the detachable end of my floor jack and a rubber mallet, took a good bit of elbow grease
there was also a lot of crud and seemingly chip inside the tubing themselves that i had to try and brush out with a rag and long grabber and a brown stain running the length of some tubes indicating it sat somewhere with liquid inside for a while