STM Sealed Oil Catch Can for Evo 8/9PART#
The STM Sealed Engine Oil Catch Can for the 2003-2006 Evo 8/9 is designed to help keep vacuum on the crankcase at all times. By doing this, it will reduce the amount of oil that passes by turbo seals, and other seals, which is typically the cause of smoke from the exhaust. This will also help in the horsepower department.
The can itself mounts to existing bolt-holes on your transmission (will vary between 5-speed and 6-speed), right below the slave cylinder. All fittings, line and hose are included and features an easy-access brass drain plug.
One of the lines will vent to your intake pipe. This will require some DIY and welding service.
- Mounts Cleanly to the Transmission, Under the Intake
- Tig-Welded Aluminum Construction
- Mounts to Existing Bolt Holes
- High-Quality Hoses and Fittings
- Requires an aluminum intake pipe.
- -10AN aluminum bung must be welded on to install.
- This will not work with forward-facing kits that do not utilize an intake.
The STM Sealed Catch Can is designed to remove the crankcase pressure which causes oil to push through turbo seals. (If you just upgraded your turbo and you're seeing smoke out of your exhaust, this is typically the cause of it.)
- 2003-2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8/9
What's In The Box
- (1) STM Baffled & Sealed Aluminum Catch Can
- (1) STM -10AN Rear Valve Cover Fitting
- (1) STM -6AN Side Valve Cover Fitting
- (1) -6AN Straight Push-On Fitting (22006)
- (1) -6AN Check Valve (11187)
- (1) -6AN Straight Swivel Fitting (21006)
- (1) -6AN 45° Swivel Fitting (21406)
- (2) -6AN 90° Swivel Fitting (21906)
- (1) -6AN Cap (10452)
- (3) -10AN 90° Swivel Fittings (21910)
- (1) -10AN 45° Swivel Fitting (21410)
- (1) -10AN Aluminum Weld-On Bung (11153)
- (1) 5 Foot Section -10AN Braided Hose (11990)
- (1) 5 Foot Section -6AN Braided Hose (11986)
- (1) 4 Foot Section 6mmm Silicone Vacuum Line