Tax Season Sale Approved
Perrin Front Mount Intercooler | 2002-2007 Subaru WRX/STI (PSP-ITR-400)
You save % ()
WRX/STI Front Mount Intercooler by Perrin Performance
The most important part of any intercooler system is the core. The core cools the charged air on the way to the engine. The factory Subaru tube and fin intercooler was designed to be easy to manufacture, but is not good for performance. The PERRIN intercooler core is 28” long x 9.25” tall x 3.5” deep with a volume of 906.5 cu-in. giving the PERRIN Intercooler the best overall design for cooling and pressure drop! Every PERRIN intercooler is powder coated to further protect your intercooler from the elements making it look awesome for years to come. Our intercoolers come in two finish options, a bright silver or stealth black powder coat.
Our intercooler support beam is constructed from boxed steel and powder coated black. Competitors use inexpensive aluminum bumper beams which save a little weight but are easily destroyed in a collision. The PERRIN designed end tanks control for near perfect dispersal of hot air across the intercooler core. By eliminating any 90º corners adding a smooth, and gradual taper from top to bottom turbulence is eliminated. Each end tank incorporates an innovative mounting tab to secure the core to the mounting beam.
PERRIN boost tubes are CNC mandrel bent from aluminum tubing for better weight reduction. Every boost tube has an over sized beaded end to ensure the hose clamps and couplers stay connected and sealed! We choose to take the smoothest shortest path to get air to and from the intercooler. The PERRIN Front Mount Intercooler kit includes a PERRIN Coolant Overflow Tank. It adds clearance for better boost tube routing, holds more coolant than previous designs and uses the OEM tank cap for a great seal! The PERRIN Coolant Overflow Tank is protected from the elements by a black texture powder coating.
- Powdercoated Bar and Plate Style Core
- Powdercoated Boxed Steel Support Beams
- Cast Aluminum Endtanks
- Silver or Black Core Finish
- CNC Machined Aluminum Boost Tubing
- Aluminum Coolant Reservoir
- Silicone Couplers
- High Quality T-Bolt Clamps
- Best Design for Cooling and Pressure Drop
- Near Perfect Dispersal of Hot Air Across the Core
- Smoothest, Shortest Airflow Path to/from Intercooler
- Coolant Tank Holds More than OEM
- Durable and Corrosion Resistant
- This product is legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway. Check your local and federal laws prior to installation.
- WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Must delete fog lights on 2002 - 2005 models.
- 2002 - 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX (delete fog lights)
- 2006 - 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX
- 2004 - 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (delete fog lights)
- 2006 - 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
What's In The Box?
- 1 - PERRIN FMIC w/ Bumper Beam
- 1 - PERRIN Coolant Tank
- 1 - PERRIN Boost Tubes (Set)
- 1 - PERRIN Silicone Couplers (Set)
- All Required Clamps
- All Necessary Hardware
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Perrin Performance 5 Year Limited Warranty