MAP Catback Exhaust | 2017+ Honda Civic Si COUPE ONLY (HDAX-CBE-CPE)
2017+ Civic Si COUPE Catback Exhaust Systems by MAPerformance
Modern Automotive Performance is no stranger to designing high performance exhausts for modern turbocharged vehicles, but for the 2017+ Civic Si, we decided to go straight to the owners to determine what they wanted most in an exhaust solution:
Owners demand performance and performance is enhanced by decreasing the energy and effort that is required for exhaust gasses to pass through a system. To reduce restrictions, we used 3" inch diameter stainless steel tubing and meticulously designed the system with smooth, mandrel bent routing. We also designed the long legs of the mid pipe on our CNC mandrel bender to minimize the amount of sections that had to be welded together, further decreasing areas which might create flow robbing turbulence.
Another Unique feature with our system is the ability to eliminate the factory 3 Bolt connections on the front of the catback and the rear of the front pipe. We offer the "œFor use with MAP Front Pipe" option that connects to the front of the midpipe section via V-Band, and then goes to the V-Band connection out the MAP Civic X front pipe, offering the least restrictive catback on the market for the Civic X 1.5T
What you can control, in house, ultimately dictates the quality of the final product. Few other companies use in-house mandrel bent stainless steel tubing, but we do. Even though our state of the art mandrel bender is CNC programmed, we even go a step further to measure the accuracy of each bend upon completion. From there, we carefully mock up our exhausts on our custom-built in-house jigs to ensure the most accurate fitment possible. Next, our expert fabricators TIG weld each flange and joint with their superior back-purging techniques to ensure each weld lasts as long as the life of the car, while never leaking. Finally, each weld is inspected for imperfections before being sent off to our shipping department for shipment around the globe!
Made from high quality 304 Stainless Steel our 10th Gen Civic X 1.5T catback is a rare find. Most exhaust systems on the market are made from an inferior 409 Stainless and are prone to surface rust over time. Designed with performance and longevity in mind we're certain anyone in the market for a 10th Gen Civic X 1.5T catback will be extremely pleased with the performance gains and exhaust sound of this system.
When it comes to the 10th Gen Civic X 1.5T catback exhausts, few things matter as much as sound. Other companies design an exhaust for performance and fitment, but the resulting tone simply becomes the result. Here at Modern Automotive Performance, we take care to focus on the little details in order to bring out the best in each and every catback we build.
That's just part of what makes the Modern Automotive Performance 10th Gen Civic X 1.5T Catback special. Of course, the sound it creates is nothing to shy away from either. You'll get an aggressive, throaty roar with the addition of a few extra ponies.
A unique feature of the Modern Automotive Performance 10th Gen Civic X 1.5T Catback, is the offering of Multiple Options when it comes to the sound of our system. Every unit will come with a single resonated mid section, from there we have 3 tip options that are easily switched with a single 3" V-Band connection:
- Street - The addition of a Single Ultra Quiet tip will be our middle of the road design, quiet enough to comfortably take the car on a long road trip, while also producing a more aggressive sound when driving the car the way it's meant to be driven. The Street tip has been our most popular design among Beta testers and Staff alike. Finished with our Quad 3" Tip, this is for those of you looking to get the performance, and up the sound a bit while still keeping the neighborhood happy (For the most part). Eliminating drone at freeway speeds this is the perfect all around catback.
- Race - The tip for someone that wants to be loud and proud of their Civic X 1.5T, A 3" Straight pipe split to our Quad 3" Tips is a sure way to make sure they hear you. This setup will produce the most sound, but surprisingly is for the most part still very driveable day to day, even more so if you have the factory restrictive catalytic converter in place. This tip setup will have slightly more rasp than the other options, but nothing we would consider unbearable.
Please Note: When cleaning exhaust tips, especially the blue tip variants which are made using a heat treatment process which can be removed with aggressive cleaning agents, make sure to use water and only if necessary, a very gentle soap. Never scrub, or use any rubbing or cleaning compound on these tips as the color will be damaged and will not be warrantied.
- In House Mandrel Bent 3" 304SS Construction
- Quad Staggered 3" Tips in either single or dual wall, Polished or Burnt Blue
- Polished 304SS Mufflers
- Hand Made in the USA
- User Configurable Exhaust note via Multiple Tip options (Street or Race)
- Constructed to grow with the end user for years to come, works with current power options and stock connections, along with upgraded power options in the future via multiple connection points included.
- Built with ground clearance in mind for lowered cars
- Free flowing mandrel bent exhaust
- User Configurable Design
- Lifetime warranty on all of our in house Tig welded products
- Includes all needed parts for installation
- Top notch support and service from our team
- MAP Street - 37lbs
- MAP Race - 32lbs
- Greddy - 44lbs
- Stock - 41lbs
- 2017+ Honda Civic Si COUPE ONLY
- For the sedan version click here.
What's In The Box?
- 1 - MAP Civic X Catback Front Connection
- 1 - MAP Civic X Catback Resonated Midpipe Front Section
- 1 - MAP Civic X Catback Resonated Midpipe Rear Section
- 1 - MAP Civic X Catback Exhaust Tip Section (Different options)
- 2 - 3" V-Band Clamps
- 1 - 3" 3 Bolt Gasket
- 1 - 3" Slip Fit Exhaust clamp
- MAP Limited Lifetime Warranty
Exhaust sounds great but has a bit of drone between 3k and 4K rpm. The quad tip exit in the center looks gorgeous.
The exhaust was exactly what I was looking for, has some noise to it, but isn’t the traditional sound for a civic. Definitely recommend 🤙
I paired the maperformance race exhaust with an rv6 catless downpipe and front pipe combo and it does not disappoint! I did have to mess with the exhaust hangars to stop the midpipe from hitting the chassis, but it all worked out. The drone is very tame considering that it’s nearly a straight pipe. The 2.5 hour drive to my college and back is very bearable, just turn up the music and don’t go above 75 mph to keep the drone in check. There is a very nasty drone spot between 3000 and 4000 rpm, but it’s not too difficult to avoid. The pops my car makes are next level now, I am running TSP 1+ and after getting on it for a bit, if you downshift and tap the gas it’ll pop extremely loud. The turbo whistle is noticeable now. It’s not Subaru levels, but it is there. I also have an 27won race rear motor mount, and the exhaust seems to have dampened a lot of the low rpm vibration from the mount, the engine also seems to run smoother in the low rpms. I don’t feel a power gain, but I didn’t expect to feel one anyway. All of my friends love the exhaust, it is hands down one of the best sounding combinations you can get for the Si.
Really happy with this product, got here on time and was easy to install. Taking off the hangers were the hardest part. Definitely recommend.