Tax Season Sale Approved
JDM AVCS Int Cam Sprocket Tool by Company23 (506)
Patent #: USD706607 S1
- Locks the LH side cam sprockets from turning when the timing belt is removed
- Prevents cam sprockets from spinning when belt is removed and eliminates potential valve damage
- Saves time! Makes timing belt changes faster and easier especially when done with one person
- Strong neodymium magnets ensure the tool stays in place even if bumped
- Curved plate allows easy viewing of sprocket timing marks
- 02+ Subaru Impreza WRX and WRX STI with 2.0L or 2.5L DOHC Turbo engines (EJ205, EJ207, EJ255, EJ257)
- 04-11 Subaru Forester XT with DOHC Turbo engines
- 05-10 Subaru Legacy GT with DOHC Turbo engines
- 05-10 Subaru Outback XT with DOHC Turbo engines
- 05-06 Saab 9-2X Aero with DOHC Turbo engines
- 04-06 Subaru Baja with DOHC Turbo engines
Both cam pulley holder tools worked excellent. Couldn't do the job without them. Tools heavy duty made very well. The cam holder tool to install tbelt also worked great.
Everything you will read about this tool is spot on. If you are ever touching your timing belt, definitely get one of these. It will keep the cams from spinning in the first place, or if you're doing cam work it will help you get them rotated back into place (under spring tension) safely and securely without any risk to your valves. You will want your cams held in place while installing your belt, and also while you're installing your last belt idlers. If you're already spending a few hundred on a timing belt parts kit, spend a tiny bit more for this fantastic tool.
As noted in other reviews and the service manual, only the driver's side cams will need this tool since the passenger's side are not under any spring tension.
While the MAPerformance site lists it as JDM AVCS Int Cam Sprocket Tool, it is to hold your intake and exhaust cams in time while changing the timing belt. I love this tool so much I have two of them. The right (passenger) side is not necessary but very handy to guarantee an easy belt install. The Left (drivers) side cams wants to spring in opposite directions. This tool holds them well while installing the belt. Even if you are going to remove the sprockets and replace the cam seals, this tool will let you get the gears back in time so the belt install goes well. I also have the Version 2 of this tool for older NA DOHC engines.