GrimmSpeed Hood Struts (Subaru BRZ / Scion FR-S)
A close collaboration between FT86Club.com members and GrimmSpeed, this kit delivers in a big way. We hate to use the "P" word, but designing this kit to be perfectly balanced was a requirement. Lift the hood halfway and you'll find a generous neutral zone. Leave your hood here for a sleek look at that local car show. Alternatively, a flick of the wrist is all that's required to coax your hood into its fully opened position. To close, simply hold the hood below its neutral zone and let go. No need to risk scratches or deformation by pushing your hood closed.
- Opens Hood 35% Higher Than OEM
- Perfect Hood Balance
- Eliminates OEM Hood Prop
- CNC Laser Cut Brackets
- Premium Quality Struts
- Durable DuPont Texture Black Powdercoat
- FARO Arm Designed
- Better access and light for working
- Struts are optimized for BRZ/FR-S hood size and weight
- No risk of hood falling, more access when wrenching
- Precision cut and bent for a perfect fit
- Larger strut body for smoother operation, made in the USA!
- Protects brackets with an OEM finish
- Allows more precise design and a stronger, better fitting product
- 2012-2015 Subaru BRZ
- 2012-2015 Scion FR-S
- 2012-2015 Toyota FT-86
What's in the box?
- 1 Set of Hood Struts
- Grimmspeed Lifetime Warranty
Though I haven't opened my hood much since I installed these it's definitely a very nice and distinctive mod. Install was fairly easy (watched the install video by grimmspeed). Again, awesome design, support is great and protective of the hood not as others that I checked both online and in person. I would suggest doing the install with another person that can assist you holding the hood while you work on it.