Garrett GTX3071R Gen II Turbocharger : 340 - 675 HP (856801-50XXS)
Garrett GTX3071R Gen II Turbocharger
The GTX GEN II is the next evolution of our GTX line with major updates and new technology. Updates include a compressor wheel aero update that gives it the ability to produce up to 20% more horsepower than the previous version.
GTX GEN II compressor wheels were designed using proprietary Garrett Motion computer simulation technology focusing on CFD analysis to optimize the wheel design to reach maximum efficiency and mass flow for each turbocharger. Each GTX GEN II turbocharger can create more air mass flow, offering enthusiasts a wider range of power output when tuning the vehicle. The 8mm dual ceramic ball bearing cartridge provides optimal turbo response and reliability through its reduction in shaft motion.
The GEN II GTX Series Turbochargers feature a fully-machined compressor inlet, fully-machined compressor outlet, and fully-machined ported shroud for precise and accurate tolerances. We also added a brand-new compressor housing featuring a high-flowing design matched perfectly for the new compressor wheel upgrade. GEN II compressor housings are not interchangeable with GEN I compressor wheels; however, all GEN II turbochargers are outline interchangeable with the equivalent GT and GTX GEN I products making a turbo swap easy to perform using all existing piping.
The new compressor housings are equipped with a fully machined speed sensor port that accepts the Garrett Motion speed sensor (Sold separately). This feature allows tuners to understand existing operating conditions, which is important when fine-tuning a turbocharger to its most efficient operating conditions. The speed sensor port comes plugged from the factory and can be removed using a 5mm Allen key when ready to install a speed sensor kit.
All GEN II GTX series turbochargers are compatible with all existing GT and GTX turbine housings kits. GEN II turbochargers are only offered through Garrett Motion authorized distribution centers.
Please Note: Performance results of this product are highly dependent upon your vehicle’s modifications and tuning/calibration. The horsepower numbers represented above are calculated based strictly on choke flow of the compressor map (total turbo capability), which represents the potential flywheel horsepower.
- For 1.8L - 3.0L Displacement Engines Making 340 - 675 HP
- Gen II Aerodynamics Feature Increased Horsepower Range
- Redesigned High-Flowing Compressor Housing
- Improved Ported Shroud Design For Surge Resistance
- New Fully Machined Speed Sensor Port
- Multiple Turbine Housing Options
- Compressor Wheel Exducer: 71mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 54mm
- Compressor Wheel Trim: 58
- Compressor Wheel A/R: 0.60 A/R
- Turbine Wheel Exducer: 55mm
- Turbine Wheel Inducer: 60mm
- Turbine Wheel Trim: 84
- Designed for 1.8L - 3.0L Displacement Engines Making 340 - 675 HP
What's In The Box?
- 1 - Garrett GTX3071R Gen II Turbocharger
- Garrett Turbo Technologies warrants to the original purchaser of its Turbocharger Products that such Turbocharger Products will, for a period of 1 year from date of shipment and subject to the Limitations on Warranty, be free from defects in materials and workmanship.