DEI Titanium Wrap with LR Technology - 1" wide x 100' Roll | (010133)PART# DEI 010133
Constructed from pulverized lava rock, extruded into fibers and then woven into a tight weave gives this material titanium-like strength and toughness. This improvement in thermal protection helps reduce underhood temperatures resulting in cooler air intake for improved performance. And less heat in the engine bay means reducing the chances of “heat soak” conditions on vital underhood components.
Titanium Wrap is extremely durable and capable of handling more heat than any other wrap found in the market today. Typical glass fiber wrap is rated at handling 1200 degrees F of maximum direct heat, while Design Engineering’s new Titanium Wrap, using LR Technology, is capable of handling direct continuous heat up to 1800 degrees F and radiant heat up to 2800 degrees F. And because it’s pliable, there’s no need to wet the wrap when wrapping headers or pipes as many do in order to make the wrapping process easier to manage and to get a “tight” wrap.
- Withstands 1800˚F direct/2500˚F intermittent heat
- Promotes increased flow for improved performance
- Extremely pliable for a tight and secure wrap
- Hi-tech carbon fiber look
- Reduces temperature & vibration breakdown
- DEI HT Silicone Coating not required
- Pre-wetting roll not necessary for wrapping
- High resistance to abrasions, oil spills, temperatures and vibration breakdown
- HT Silicone Coating Spray can only be shipped by UPS GROUND inside the CONTINENTAL United States.
- Design Engineering HT Silicone Coating spray is NOT recommended for DEI Titanium wrap.
- Wrap is not designed to be removed after it has been through heat cycles. After the fibers have been heated they lose their initial flexibility. This does not reduce the thermal properties of the exhaust wrap. Be aware of this before you decide to remove the wrap.
- DEI does NOT recommend wrapping Titanium exhausts. The alloys used in the production of titanium exhaust systems tend to be thin and are designed to dissipate heat quickly. By wrapping the exhaust, the additional heat can make the titanium alloy turn brittle and prone to premature cracking. DEI recommends using alternatives such as their flexible heat shields when seeking to reduce the heat on titanium exhaust systems.
- This item is not vehicle specific. It is compatible with a wide range of applications and is therefore displayed on our site regardless of your vehicle selection. Please review the specifications and verify compatibility prior to placing your order.
What's in the box?
- 1" wide x 100' Roll Titanium Exhaust Wrap with LR Technology