ACL Aluglide Connecting Rod 8 Piece Bearing Set | Multiple Fitments (4B8296A)
Aluglide Connecting Rod 8 Piece Bearing Set by ACL
Aluglide Connecting Rod Bearing Set, 8 Pieces by ACL®. Aluminium Tin materials have been around since the 1960s. They have traditionally been the choice of Japanese and European manufacturers for low load, gas, passenger cars. As the loads developed by high horsepower late model engines increased, so too did the need for a stronger bearing material. Copper lead Trimetal bearings have been the answer for higher load applications and today make up ACL’s current range of engine bearings, but as the world becomes more environmentally conscious, the need for lead free engine components has increased, without sacrificing the load carrying capacity required for modern engines.
One of the reasons why Aluglide™ has been such a positive achievement is due to ACL Bearing Company’s in-house research & development, further refining the alloy for a winning advantage over the competition. It features a strip cast microstructure which is the result of the inclusion of alloying elements and careful heat treatment. This gives superior bonding surfaces, particularly between the aluminium bond layer and the steel which are then optimised and remain that way to handle long term maximum loads.
Put simply, the new bearings can take a higher load in the way the stress is transmitted to the steel. Additionally, the harder surface of the tough alloy gives substantially reduced wear and minimises any possible shaft abrasion, resulting in an extended service life.
- High quality at an affordable price
- Expertly made from premium materials
- Built to match your exact requirements
- Available in 3 Sizes - Standard, 0.25mm and 0.5mm
- Min Std Shaft Size: 51.984 mm/2.0466"
- Max Std Shaft Size: 52.000 mm/2.0472"
- Min Std Tunnel Size: 55.000 mm/2.1654"
- Max Std Tunnel Size: 55.020 mm/2.1661"
- Max Wall at Crown Size: 1.500 mm/0.0591"
- Max Overall Length: 16.50 mm/0.650"
- Quantity: 8 Pieces
- 1990-1999 Subaru Legacy EJ18 Engine
- 1993-2006,2011-2016 Subaru Impreza EJ16 Engine
- 2007-2008,2010-2016 Subaru Forester EJ25 Engine
- 1995-1996 Subaru Outback EJ22 Engine
What's In The Box?
- Aluglide Connecting Rod Bearing 8 Piece Set