Evo 8 Specs and Information
In 2003, Mitsubishi introduced the Lancer Evolution 8 to the United States market due in large part because of the success of the Subaru WRX STi. The car started what would build a huge aftermarket Evo VIII/IX parts industry and helped stir the beginning of the AWD sedan craze. Below are a few of the specs and features of the Evo 8.
- 2.0 liter
- 271 horsepower
- 0-100kph: 5.2 seconds
- 5-speed transmission, AWD
The Mitsubishi Evolution VIII is a very heavily modified vehicle, with a large market for performance parts that not only increase the power output of the vehicle, but the handling capabilities as well. It's reliable AWD system make it great for Rally racing, while it's turbocharged 2 liter engine make it a great platform for speed hunters and drag racers alike.
Evo 9 Specs and Information
In early 2005, Mitsubishi announced the Evolution IX. The Evo 9 was very similar to the Evolution VIII, but had significant changes where the earlier rendition lacked, which helped increase power and handling. Four models were available, each with varying performance levels.
- 2.0 liter variable valve timing
- 287 horsepower
- 0-100kph: 5.8 seconds
- 6-speed transmission, AWD
The USDM Mitsubishi Evo 9 models include "Grand Sport Rally" or GSR, "Rally Sport" or RS, "Special Edition" or SE, and "Mitsubishi Racing" or MR. Three models were very similar except for the RS, which came with stripped down features from the factory. These features include a downgraded interior, absence of power lock and windows, rear wing and rear wiper delete, and no trunk lining and sound insulation. The removal of these items was intended for race teams who would not otherwise need these items. Therefore, this model is often times seen on the track due to it's lighter weight.
2006 Evo 9 USDM Trim Differences
- GSR - 5-speed, standard model with all common amenities.
- RS - 5-speed, with lightweight aluminium roof, gauge pack, minimal interior with no radio
- SE - lightweight aluminium roof, hood, and front fenders, with seven-spoke forged aluminium BBS wheels in "diamond black" finish, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, and race inspired red-stitched Recaro seats.
- MR - 6-speed, with upgraded suspension featuring Bilstein monotube shocks, split seven-spoke forged aluminium BBS wheels, aluminum roof, hood, and front fenders. Visual upgrades include a gauge pack, HID headlights with integrated fog lights. Special features include a vortex generator, front brake cooling ducts and custom MR badging.
Both the Evo VIII and Evo IX have been consumer favorites across the globe. Many companies build custom parts for the two, with the main goal of increasing performance and driver experience. MAPerformance is one of these companies whose goal is to provide high quality Evo VIII/IX parts, at prices lower than our competitors. Feel free to contact us with any questions you have during your build!