Steam Turbo 71-R Stock Frame Turbo Upgrade | 2002-2014 Subaru WRX / STI (STX71R-8)
WRX/STI Turbo Upgrade | Steam STX 71-R
Now available with Ball Bearing CHRA!
Upgrading your turbo is one of the best HP increasing modifications you can make for your WRX/STI. Also, selecting a turbo with the best components is essential to getting the most out of your investment. Steam Turbocharges combines the best in advanced compressor and turbine aerodynamics with OE quality manufacturing to produce the STX line turbochargers.
The STX line of turbochargers from Steam feature Garrett GTX style billet compressor wheels and light weight turbines wheels. Steam STX compressors are able to out flow similarly sized billet compressors from others thanks to Steam’s custom made 11-blade billet compressor wheels with next generation of aerodynamics first introduced by Garrett GTX turbos. This particular Steam STX-R turbo also features a unique low inertia 10-blade turbine design that decreases spool time, and increases transient boost response and peak power potential.
Steam understands that picking the right turbo for your car is critical to achieve your goals for responsiveness and power. The STX 71-R is a 59 lbs/min turbo based off of the Garrett GTX3071R compressor specs in a stock-location bolt-on package. Combined with a 10-blade turbine, the STX is perfect turbo for those looking fast-spooling response while still being capable of making 400-475whp with supporting mods.
- Fitment: Subaru WRX/STI
- Cooling System: Water & Oil
- Bearing Type: Journal Bearing
- Compressor Wheel: GTX3071R 54.1mm/71.4mm
- Compressor Housing: A/R .60
- Turbine Blade Count: 10
- Turbine Wheel: GTX30r 60.0mm
- Turbine Housing Nozzle Area: 8cm² / .55
- Actuator Type: Billet Forged
- Balance Level: 100,000 on VSR
- Max Flow Rating: 59 lbs/min
- WHP Rating: 400-475 WHP
- Install Kit Included: Yes
- Billet compressors wheel: featuring Garrett GTX style areo 11-blade wheels custom made from billet 7075 aluminum.
- Low inertia turbine wheel: standard with 9-blade low inertia turbine wheels. These turbines weigh 1/3 less than standard wheels significantly increasing the responsiveness, low-end torque, and top-end power.
- Thrust bearing: CHRA built to last with heavy duty thrust bearings for high boost & power applications.
- Adjustable wastegate: Adjustable wastegate springs are available in our accessories section.
- 2002-2014 Subaru WRX
- 2004+ Subaru WRX STI
- Steam Turbochargers Warranty