MAP Stage 4 Brake Package | 2008-2015 Mitsubishi Evo X
The central hat section of the disc is made from 6061-T6 aircraft specification aluminum. The disc is made from cast iron to the same specification and material as used by professional racing organizations. It is a curved vane design, developed in racing to act as a centrifugal pump to force cooling air through the disc.
The rotor and hat have a floating mount system, which utilizes 8 or 10 high strength alloy steel drive pins, manufactured by Girodisc to their own specifications and cadmium plated for a long lasting corrosion resistance. These pins take the load from braking actions while maintaining the axial and radial float between the hat and disc. In order to keep the rotors from making noise when cold, the pins are mounted with anti-noise spring washers on the rotor side which allow the rotor to grow with heat expansion but eliminate the rattle and noise associated with floating rotors. This float also allows the rotor to self center between the pads.
Removing compliance from the brake system greatly improves pedal feel and response. This involves swapping out stock pads for ones with more bite and less compressibility, and flushing the system with a racing spec brake fluid. These improvements offer an immediate noticeable difference in performance. Also comes with Magic Pads for the quietest, lowest dust street performance available.
Please Note: Rotors Are Built To Order
- Better Braking
- Quiet Brake Noise & Limit Vibration
- This product can only be shipped within the Continental US and will only be shipped via GROUND service.
- 2008-2015 Mitsubishi Evo X
What's in the box?
- (GIR A2-047) Girodisc Rear 2pc Brake Rotors
- (GIR A1-047) Girodisc Front 2pc Brake Rotors
- (GIR MP-1368) Girodisc Rear Magic Pads
- (GIR MP-1001-1) Girodisc Front Magic Pads
- (MOT 100949) 2 bottles of Motul RBF600 Synthetic DOT 4 Brake Fluid
- (PS2-0961) Girodisc Rear Anti-Noise Pad Shims
- (PS1-1001) Girodisc Front Anti-Noise Pad Shims
- *For an additional fee, optional Techna-Fit Stainless Steel lines (TEC MIT-1025-CLR) can also be selected and added
- MFGR. Limited Warranty