MAP 2.3L Shortblock - Stage 1 | 2002-2007 Mitsubishi Evo 8/9 (EVO-23-S1)
( We'll refund the difference! )
Give us a call to get the best prices and parts for your build. Or, just call us with a cool racing story...either way we're here.
Email - email@example.com
Why Choose a MAP-built Engine?
MAPerformance believes that the heart and soul of any motorsports project is the engine that powers it. Since inception, MAPerformance has combined the highest quality components with the most stringent industry standards to produce world record setting results. MAPerformance utilizes proprietary specifications combined with years of experience in each engine that is assembled.
We thoroughly inspect, clean, blueprint, and assemble our engines in a sterile room and all machining operations are carefully scrutinized to ensure all aspects of every operation meets or exceeds our own stringent requirements. From the weekend warrior to the all out race car, MAPerformance has an engine option to suit your needs.
Don't know exactly what you need? MAPerformance has the expert guidance to assist you in choosing and top rated customer support to assist you with your long term project goals.
Please Note: This product is built to order. Based on fluctuations in demand build times may vary throughout the year. Please contact an MAP sales representative for current estimations. MAP engines also have a specific break-in process we suggest you follow to ensure your engine sees a long life!
The 2.3L configuration utilizes a 100mm crankshaft within the 2.0L block to increase displacement. The wristpin location must be moved up 6mm to accommodate for the additional stroke, but this is the original 4g63 stroker so stock on these pistons is rarely an issue!
Used Core Process
- Hot tanking/degreasing
- Iron block engines are then baked
- Blocks are shot peened or media blasted
- Gasket surfaces are flat sanded
- Oil and Freeze plugs removed
- Balance shaft oil feed is drilled, tapped and capped
- All blocks are clearanced to specification
- Blocks are machined to stringent in house specifications
- Block is reassembled with oil plugs and new freeze plugs
- Block is hot tanked for final cleaning High temp primer and paint process is applied
- Customer specified components assembled into block
Used OEM Cranks
MAP takes the following steps to ensure the highest quality finished product.
- Thorough inspection and measurements are taken MAP will not use a crank that requires cutting steps to prepare the bearing surfaces
- Sludge traps are removed for cleaning then drilled & tapped for installation of serviceable fittings
- Cranks are hot tanked, degreased and thens precision micro balanced and polished
- PLEASE NOTE: Your crank MUST be 100mm, the 88mm stock 2.0L crank will not work
- 2002-2007 EVO 8/9
What's in the Box?
- King XP Series or ACL Race Bearings
- Performance Forged Piston Set
- Performance Forged Connecting Rods
- Oil Pump/Balance Shaft Elimination Installation
*Customer can choose from a variety of piston,connecting rod, & bearing options but should you desire something not advertised, please feel free to contact us for a custom quote!
Customer Supplied Core
You will be responsible for packaging and freight cost of your engine. Please do not ship us an engine that needs to be disassembled. We will only need your Block, Crank, & Main Caps. **If you have a good block to send in, but no crank (or vice versa), please reach out to us to determine accurate pricing.
Please Note: This item does not qualify for free shipping. Shipping methods and charges will be determined when the service is completed and can range from $200-$300.
I have waited a while to post this review and now have several thousand miles on the block. My 2.3 short block is the foundation for my motor that is topped with a built head with 272 cams and an FP Red turbo, and an 11 lb flywheel. The car is set up for street (As in I daily it) and I have had absolutely no regrets with this short block other than I should have done it sooner. Thanks to the lighter rods and pistons (well, and the light flywheel as well) it winds up quick when I need it to with enough low end grunt to get me into boost with much less lag than stock, and yet she is very well mannered in city traffic. I will definitely be coming back to MAP for the build on my next project Evo.