MAP Built Shortblock | 2015-2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost (EBM-23-H)
You save % ()
MAPerformance Ecoboost Mustang Built Shortblock
Here at MAPerformance we have a complete engine machine shop and clean room that allows us to control every aspect of our in house Ecoboost engine builds. We take pride in meticulously documenting and assembling only the highest quality parts we ourselves have tested and proven.
Ecoboost Mustang owners looking to make 450+ whp should anticipate needing a built Ecoboost Mustang shortblock.
- Engine blocks visit our hot tank before and after machining for a clean, finished appearance.
- Brand new OEM Crankshafts are never cut / turned and receive a micro-polish treatment and balancing specifically for high performance applications. Additionally The crankshafts are cut for a keyway to allow the timing gear to be locked to the crankshaft. The balance shaft gear is also removed to reduce unnecessary rotating weight.
- The blocks are fitted with a precision machined billet block guard which is the best way to protect your sleeves from cracking and to provide additional strength for the cylinders.
- The first step in the machining process is resurfacing. We pride ourselves on the surface finish (RA) we achieve as it is of the utmost importance in regards to head gasket sealing.
- We utilize a three step honing process utilizing a 2.3L Ecoboost specific torque plate to ensure roundness. Our honing process is finished with a plateau hone for the absolute best cylinder wall finish and ultimate ring seating.
- Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beam Connecting Rods
Please Note: this item does not qualify for free shipping. Shipping methods and charges will be determined when the service is completed and can range from $200-$300.
Why Choose a MAP-built Engine?
We won't settle for anything less than the best when it comes to our engine builds. We utilize quality components along with specialized machining and assembly techniques for each individual platform to ensure the best possible performance. If we see a gap in regards to acceptable product offerings on the market we often times develop our own like the Ultimate Duty Connecting Rods. We thoroughly inspect, blueprint, clean and assemble our engines in a clean room and most of the machine work is performed in house to satisfy our stringent requirements. We have had great success in building countless motors for every imaginable application from the weekend warrior to the all out race car.
Ready to start your new engine? Check out our Engine Break In Procedure for the proper way to break-in a fresh engine!
- 2015-2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
What's in the Box?
- Manley H-beam Rods
- Balance Shaft Delete
- Manley Skirt Coated Pistons
- Brand new OEM EcoBoost 2.3 block
- MAP SPEC. ARP Main Studs (218-5402)
- Brand New OEM Balanced, Polished, and Pinned Crank
- Precision machined with Torque Plate
- *Optional Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beam Rods
- Precision fit and installed billet block guard
- King XP bearings (Main bearings: MB5442XP) (Rod bearings: CR4604XP)
Block came in a little later than expected but came in looking beautiful. Had a shop do the full install along with ported head , stage 3 cams and upgraded valve springs. It will be paired up with a MAPerformance big turbo kit. And fueled with an auxiliary fuel system for e85. Great customer service and couldn’t think MATT LUTTON for all the help.