MAP SPEC Stage 1 Complete Shortblock | 2015+ Ford Ecoboost 2.3L (EBM-2.0MSS-23-H)
MAPerformance Stage 1 SPEC Ecoboost Mustang Built Shortblock
Here at MAPerformance we have a complete engine machine shop and clean room that allows us to control every aspect of our in house Ecoboost engine builds. We take pride in meticulously documenting and assembling only the highest quality parts we ourselves have tested and proven.
Ecoboost (Focus ST / Mustang) owners looking to make 450+ whp should anticipate needing a built Ecoboost (Focus ST / Mustang) shortblock.
- Engine blocks visit our hot tank before and after machining for a clean, finished appearance
- Brand new OEM Crankshafts are never cut / turned and receive a micro-polish treatment and balancing specifically for high performance applications. Additionally The crankshafts are cut for a keyway to allow the timing gear to be locked to the crankshaft. The balance shaft gear is also removed to reduce unnecessary rotating weight
- We use a brand new ford ecoboost 2.0 block with 2.3 internals, The 2.0 block has shown to be superior to the 2.3 block which has been known to crack. *Must utilize 2.0 head gasket when bolting on a 2.3 cylinder head.*
- The first step in the machining process is resurfacing. We pride ourselves on the surface finish (RA) we achieve as it is of the utmost importance in regards to head gasket sealing
- We utilize a three step honing process utilizing a 2.3L Ecoboost specific torque plate to ensure roundness. Our honing process is finished with a plateau hone for the absolute best cylinder wall finish and ultimate ring seating
- Custom motor mount to utilize the 2.0 block in the 2015+ Ecoboost Mustang
Why Choose a MAP-built Engine?
We won't settle for anything less than the best when it comes to our engine builds. We utilize quality components along with specialized machining and assembly techniques for each individual platform to ensure the best possible performance. If we see a gap in regards to acceptable product offerings on the market we often times develop our own like the Ultimate Duty Connecting Rods. We thoroughly inspect, blueprint, clean and assemble our engines in a clean room and most of the machine work is performed in house to satisfy our stringent requirements. We have had great success in building countless motors for every imaginable application from the weekend warrior to the all out race car.
Ready to start your new engine? Check out our Engine Break In Procedure for the proper way to break-in a fresh engine!
- 2015-2021 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
- 2015-2018 Ford Focus ST
What's in the Box?
- Callies Compstar Sport Series H-Beam Rods
- Balance Shaft Delete
- Manley Skirt Coated Pistons
- Brand new OEM EcoBoost 2.0 block
- Brand New OEM Balanced, Polished, and Pinned Crank
- Precision machined with Torque Plate
- King XP or ACL Race bearings (Main bearings: MB5442XP) (Rod bearings: CR4604XP / ACL 4B8172H-STD)
- *Optional Motor mount for use in 2015+ Mustang
I got this block after blowing my first 2 Oem blocks, I’ve been driving it for about a year and it feels so damn good to drive with. When it first came in I couldn’t believe how beautiful this looked!! And customer service was on of the best i have received in a long while. They helped me with ordering and shipping products out to me fast to complete this build and I couldn’t thank them enough!! 2.3L focus st on the road 😈
Their customer service is absolutely amazing. They assisted me with every question I had from the beginning to the end of my build and always responded immediately. The block is a beauty and will be paired with an E85 Tune! @Epona_MD
After suffering the infamous ecoboom. I purchased the maperformance stage 1 shortblock that has given me confidence back in my Mustang with the performance we deserve.
Well done. I waited till after the first crank to write this. This is a very well made short block. Every hole was clean and burr free, never had a bolt stick once. The deck was flawless. Some hand deburring was done in all the important spots and even some in less necessary spots. Attn to detail is obvious. Would buy again but only if I can blow this up as easily as the stock block.
Engine is of a beautiful specimen. Currently still waiting on parts to put it all back together. But the craftsmanship is definitely there!
For mustang owners the "*optional engine mount" is not optional, it is needed and has my build on hold!😂