MAP Built Shortblock | 2015-2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost (EBM-23-H)PART#
MAPerformance Ecoboost Mustang Built Shortblock
Here at MAPerformance we have a complete engine machine shop and clean room that allows us to control every aspect of our in house Ecoboost engine builds. We take pride in meticulously documenting and assembling only the highest quality parts we ourselves have tested and proven.
Ecoboost Mustang owners looking to make 450+ whp should anticipate needing a built Ecoboost Mustang shortblock, however for the more hardcore owners, our sleeved 2.3L Ecoboost, I-Beam Connecting Rod options can be combined to make a bullet-proof race engine good for well over 800whp!
- Engine blocks visit our hot tank before and after machining for a clean, finished appearance.
- Crankshafts are never cut / turned and receive a micro-polish treatment and balancing specifically for high performance applications.
- The first step in the machining process is resurfacing. We pride ourselves on the surface finish (RA) we achieve as it is of the utmost importance in regards to head gasket sealing.
- The blocks then head to the boring bar to get bored close to piston size.
- We utilize a three step honing process utilizing a 2.3L Ecoboost specific torque plate to ensure roundness. Our honing process is finished with a plateau hone for the absolute best cylinder wall finish and ultimate ring seating.
Additional Services W/ Optional Sleeving
- Custom alloy sleeves installed allowing for the ultimate in strength!
- Once back from sleeving each block is line honed to rectify any shifting that resulted from the sleeving process. If you're shopping around and a competitor tells you this is not necessary you should turn and run!
- MA Performance Spec Sleeves - we highly suggest sleeves for anyone looking for 550WHP+
- Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beam Connecting Rods
Please Note: this item does not qualify for free shipping. Shipping methods and charges will be determined when the service is completed and can range from $200-$300.
Why Choose a MAP-built Engine?
We won't settle for anything less than the best when it comes to our engine builds. We utilize quality components along with specialized machining and assembly techniques for each individual platform to ensure the best possible performance. If we see a gap in regards to acceptable product offerings on the market we often times develop our own like the Ultimate Duty Connecting Rods. We thoroughly inspect, blueprint, clean and assemble our engines in a clean room and most of the machine work is performed in house to satisfy our stringent requirements. We have had great success in building countless motors for every imaginable application from the weekend warrior to the all out race car.
Ready to start your new engine? Check out our Engine Break In Procedure for the proper way to break-in a fresh engine!
- 2015-2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
What's in the Box?
- Precision fit and installed billet block guard
- Manley H-beam Rods
- Manley Skirt Coated Pistons
- King XP bearings (Main bearings: MB5442XP) (Rod bearings: CR4604XP)
- Balance Shaft Delete
- Balanced, Polished, and Pinned Crank
- Precision machined with Torque Plate
- ARP Main Studs (218-5402)
- Oil galley plugs removed, tapped and plugged with new removable hardware
- Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beam Rods
- MA Performance Spec Sleeves