Integrated Engineering IE-Spec Mahle Pistons | Multiple Fitments (MAH-PVN)
Give us a call to get the best prices and parts for your build. Or, just call us with a cool racing story...either way we're here.
Email - email@example.com
IE-Spec Mahle Pistons by Integrated Engineering
To maximize power output, the clearances between the rings and piston have been brought in very tightly to reduce blow by. This is achieved by hard anodizing the top ring lands, which prevents micro welding which could be caused otherwise.
To maintain OEM-like wear characteristics, these pistons are coated with Mahle’s Grafal skirt coating. This coating reduces friction on the skirts, keeping them quiet and from wearing over time- extending piston life. The grey appearance of these pistons is due to a phosphate coating. Providing a lubricant film in the pin bores and ring grooves, this coating is essential for initial startup and break-in of the engine to prevent micro welding and galling. Features like these are what allow these pistons to last for thousands of miles, just like OEM units.
In order to call these pistons the ultimate replacements for OEM, they need to fit like them. They are made with the same oil squirter notches found on factory pistons. These do not require any squirter clearancing or modification for fitment.
These pistons are manufactured from Mahle’s proprietary 142P alloy. This unique alloy offers the low-expansion characteristics of 4032 but strength near that of 2618 alloy. The low-expansion quality allows piston-to-wall clearances to be set tight, which allow the pistons to operate like OEM, quietly and smoothly.
Included is a set of performance piston rings, featuring a barrel-faced top ring, ductile iron, and 3 piece oil ring. These rings are designed to eliminate unnecessary drag, which reduces friction and increases power. Each set also includes high quality German steel wrist pins and wire locks, which are 22mm in diameter. From testing different piston sizes on these engines, we have determined that the 22mm pin is ideal for strength and durability. To match these pistons, we offer our IERTVN1 and IERHVN1 connecting rods, which are a direct-fit.
The available in 82.5mm (stock bore size) when paired with a set of our rods are ready to drop in and run in your engine, without the need to remove the block. We also offer them with +.5mm overbore (83mm bore), which increases displacement to 2008cc and allows you to bore and hone the block to the exact specifications required to ensure best results.
- 2015+ Volkswagen Golf GTI (Mk7) 2.0T
- 2015+ Volkswagen Golf R (Mk7) 2.0T
- 2013+ Audi A3 (Mk3) 2.0T
- 2013+ Audi S3 (Mk3) 2.0T
- 2015+ Audi TT (Mk3) 2.0T
- 2015+ Audi TTS (Mk3) 2.0T
- 22mm Wrist Pin For Use With IE Rods
- Available In 82.5mm (Stock) Or 83mm Bore
- OEM Fitment And Wear Characteristics
- Durable Forged Alloy With Quiet Pistons
- Ideal Piston Design For The Mk7/Mqb 2.0t
- Perfect Match 9.3:1 Compression Ratio
- Grafal Anti-Friction Skirt Coating
- Lightweight Piston Design And Forging
- High Strength 22mm German Steel Wristpins
- Propriety Mahle Low-Expansion 124P Alloy
- Grooved Clearances Reduces Blow-By
- Hard Anodized Landings Avoid Micro-Welding
- Oil Squirter Notches Eliminate Interference
What's In The Box?
- 4 IE-Spec Mahle Pistons with Rings and Wrist Pins
- Integrated Engineering Limited Warranty