Grimmspeed Intake Manifold Phenolic Spacer | 2008-2015 Hyundai Genesis (071001)
While many avenues exist for boosting the power output of an engine, most approaches focus on ways to increase the volumetric efficiency of the system. Ported heads, larger diameter exhausts, headers, and bigger throttle bodies serve to decrease the resistance to airflow through the engine. The modification shown here, however, does not increase the volume of air flowing through an engine, but rather increases its mass flow.
Cold air is more dense than hot air and takes up less space. So if your engine can ingest cooler air, more air can be mixed with more fuel, which gives more power. An additional benefit is that cooler air has a higher resistance to knock, allowing more ignition timing advance - or boost in supercharged applications. Either way, they both equal more power! This is the theory behind cold air intakes, ice on the manifold, and intercoolers.
The intake air in EFI engines is drawn through the airflow meter and throttle body, and then into an alloy intake manifold. During its residence in the intake manifold casting, the air charge picks up unwanted heat from the manifold, increasing its volume and lowering the resistance of the engine to knock.
- Greatly reduces the transfer of heat from engine to intake manifold thus reducing heat soak.
- True Phenolic material, not cutting board material like others.
- The cooler your intake temperature is the denser the air is which leads to more power.
- For every 5 degree reduction in temperature, increases power by 1%.
- Made in the USA!
- Direct bolt-on.
- Easy to install and use!
- The cooler and denser the intake air that the engine sucks in, increases the amount of air that can be mixed with fuel thus increasing efficiency.
Please Note: When running the oem gasket only, your intake manifold gets very hot to the touch, enough to burn your hand. When the oem gasket is replaced with our Phenolic Spacer, your hand can be placed on the intake manifold without any issues. We have installed both with and without OEM Hyundai Gaskets and have had no issues with either way. We do recommend using 2 sets of oem gaskets however, one on both sides of the spacer.
- 2008-2015 Hyundai Genesis
What's in the box?
- 1 Intake Manifold Phenolic Spacer
- Grimmspeed Limited Warranty