AEM Officially Releases New EMS-4 - Control 4Cyl Race Cars & Powersport Applications Like Never Before!
Posted on 16 March 2011
AEM EMS 4 Universal Programmable Engine Management
Advanced Engine Management (AEM) is proud to introduce its EMS-4 Universal Standalone Programmable Engine Management System (part#30-6905) for modified Powersports and four-cylinder race car applications. The EMS-4 was created using AEM’s powerful Series 2 hardware and includes all of its advanced features without the unneeded ancillary components.
WHY YOU WANT THIS If you have modified your four-cylinder Powersports application beyond the factory ECU’s ability to control engine operation, or have a 4-cylinder race vehicle that does not require some of the advanced hardware features of an AEM Series 2 Plug & Play system, AEM’s EMS-4 provides complete engine control for the most power and reliability.
THE HARDWARE AEM’s EMS-4 provides complete engine control for small engines with up to 4 cylinders. The unit includes a 36-pin connector that is specifically designed to operate in harsh environments. It is completely sealed and weather/shook proof, allowing it to be mounted anywhere. The EMS-4 works with MAG or HALL crank inputs, can directly drive smart coils or an external igniter such as AEM’s 4-Channel Coil Driver (part# 30-2840).
- 4 Saturated Injector Drivers
- 4 Coil Triggers
- 8 General Purpose Inputs/Outputs
- Mag or Hall Cam and Crank Inputs
- O2 Input
- Knock Input
- 8 MB Internal Datalogger
- VSS Hall Input
- CAN Data Stream
- USB Comm Port
- Compact (4.8″ x 4.55″ x 1.44″), weather/shock proof enclosure
- Utilizes AEMTuner Interface Software
- System is fully enabled and unlocked – Never Pay for Upgrades
- Context Sensitive Help Eases Tuning Process
- Maps can be Password Protected by the Tuner to Prevent Unauthorized Usage Sharing
THE SOFTWARE Professional tuners will appreciate the ease of use and security features of Advanced Engine Management’s AEMTuner Software. AEMTuner software is Windows compatible (XP, Vista, Windows7), making the task of copying, viewing and manipulating data as simple as a click of the mouse. AEMTuner Software is infinitely adjustable and allows tuners to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately delivers proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing for any boost level or operating condition.
Additional AEMTuner Software features include:
- Support Pane gives tuners context sensitive help and uses tuners’ actual calibrations to describe each function
- Maps can be password protected by the tuner to prevent unauthorized usage or sharing
- Internal conflict detection notifies tuner if obvious errors exist in assignment of inputs/outputs
- Compare Calibrations allows tuners to graphically compare tables and maps for easy analysis
- Workspaces are easily customizable and configurable
- Colored tables and maps
MAKING THE CONNECTION AEM offers a Universal Wiring Harness (part# 30-2905-96) with color coded silk screened wires for ease of installation and an integrated fuse and relay panel. AEM also has sensors and a Plug & Pin Kit (part# 30-2905-0) available.