AEM Flex Fuel Wideband Failsafe Gauge | New Release (30-4911)
Posted on 10 June 2016
52mm Flex Fuel Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge
The 52mm (2-1/16”) Flex Fuel Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge is AEM's Newest release! We are the first to report: this gauge includes a Bosch 4.2LSU AFR wideband sensor for monitoring and feedback of AFRs, and an on-board boost sensor to read vacuum or boost pressures up to 29 PSI. It is available with or without an ethanol content sensor. An internal data logger is included to capture around 2.5 hours of data on a loop, and includes two analog outputs for logging AFR, Boost/Vacuum and any triggered alarms. The gauge also includes a low side output for triggering a failsafe strategy in the event AFR falls outside of the operating window.
Very intuitive software means set up and configuring is super easy. Setting AFR boundary limits, creating a user-adjustable time delay strategy to prevent false alarms, customizing the gauge lighting to flash and alert the driver if an alarm is triggered and configuring the LED displays are all performed using the software through USB connection.
DATA LOGGER ON THE GO
The Flex Fuel Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge’s on-board data logger stores approximately 2.5 hours of data of AFR, Boost/Vacuum and Alarm events. Data logs can be downloaded for viewing in FREE AEMdata software, which includes video encoding to overlay data onto your videos. Users with AEMnet-equipped (CAN bus) devices can daisy chain the Flex Fuel Wideband FAILSAFE gauge using the AEMnet connection (adapter sold separately). Non AEMnet-equipped devices can communicate with the gauge using the CAN 2.0B spec protocol. An analog output for O2 feedback is also provided for 3rd party engine management systems, or logging with a stand-alone 3rd party data logger.
EXAMPLE ENGINE PROTECTION STRATEGIES
NA or Boost, you can use the low side output to cut revs, retard timing, trigger a separate fuel or ignition map and activate an ancillary warning light. Users with turbos can also trigger the device to cut boost (may require separate solenoid). The aforementioned strategies are provided as an example. Available failsafe strategies will ultimately be dependent on the capability of the EMS or piggyback engine controller.
Accurate AFR data is critical when tuning an engine. Running rich (very low air/fuel ratio, excessive fuel) can cause a loss in power and fuel economy, while running too lean (very high air/fuel ratio, not enough fuel) may result in serious engine damage. Using a wideband air/fuel controller during the tuning process allows you to monitor AFR and adjust tuning parameters to optimize them for maximum power and efficiency.
FLEX FUEL WIDEBAND FAILSAFE GAUGE FEATURES:
- Can display AFR/Lambda, Boost/Vacuum and Ethanol Content simultaneously on the gauge face!
- Internal boost sensor (29 PSI)
- Bosch 4.2LSU Wideband UEGO sensor and weld-in bung included
- Available with or without an ethanol content sensor
- On-Board data logging (AFR & Boost/Vacuum) with analysis using FREE AEMdata software
- Full color center Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) display is user selectable (Boost/Vacuum and Ethanol Content, AFR/Lambda and Ethanol Content or only Boost/Vacuum or AFR/Lambda)
- 24 three-color sweeping LEDs, user selectable colors (Boost/Vacuum or AFR/Lambda)
- Intuitive set up software
- Dimmer input included
- Interchangeable faceplates and bezels
- Standard 52mm (2-1/16th) diameter fits most gauge pods