TurboXS is proud to announce a complete new redesign of our Downpipes for 2002-2007 Subaru WRX/STi; 2004-2008 Forester XT. Available NOW!
Since we introduced our first downpipe for the old “bugeye” WRX way back in 2002, our downpipes have never been “stock replacement” downpipes. Our downpipes have always ended in a proprietary location and while this design did produce slightly better performance by moving the catalytic converter 6” inches further rearward, it also made it difficult to “mix and match” our downpipe with stock and other manufacturers exhaust components. Our new design remedies this problem by ending in the stock location yet keeps the great features that our customers have come to expect and love about our downpipes.
The downpipes are still made as a two-piece design but will be sold as one part number for the catless version (WS02-DP) and one part number for the catted version (WS-DPC). The advantages to the two-piece design include:
- Reduced shipping costs. Downpipes will ship out in a 33 x 9 x 9 inch boxes compared to leading competitors’ one-piece downpipes that shipping in 50 x 17 x 10 boxes that dimension out to almost 60lbs for Domestic UPS and almost 70lbs for UPS International.
- Easier add-on sale potential. If your customer wants a catalytic converter for daily driving but wants a catless race pipe for autocrossing or the dragstrip, you don’t need to try to sell them a whole new downpipe. Sell them a Catted Downpipe and then sell them an affordable catless rear section for track days (WS02-RP; sold separately).
Other Features Include:
- The same huge cast 304 Stainless Steel Bellmouth upper section of our previous Downpipe for maximum exhaust gas flow
- 3.5 inch diameter 304 Stainless steel pipe tapering smoothly to 3.0 inch
- Spare wideband oxygen sensor bung included
- Modified pipe path to provide more ground clearance for lowered cars than previous design
- TIG welded and polished to a show quality finish
We will continue to keep a small quantity of our original Downpipe (WS-DP), Racepipe (WS-RP) and Catpipe (WS-CP) on hand for a short period of time. However, all Turboback Exhaust Systems and Stealthback Exhaust Systems will ship out with the new components starting now.
For more information on these products, please visit MAPerformance.com